The Instructional Coordinator supports the learning environment of the Stamford School Readiness Program by interpreting curriculum, training, modeling, instructing and assessing. The Instructional Coordinator will link the Pre-kindergarten Program to the Stamford Public Schools and facilitate the transition of children to kindergarten. The Instructional Coordinator will be employed by the Stamford Board of Education and will maintain all rights and benefits of a Stamford Public School teacher
The filling of this position is based upon continued funding in the
Board of Education budget.
- Outreach to the Pre-K programs in the community including the Headstart Programs (40% of the time)
- Serve as liaison between the Stamford Readiness Program and the Stamford Public Schools
- Coordinate transitional activities, including transfer of student portfolios, and communication with district schools that is assigned to each cluster
- Participate in IEP meetings as the General Education teacher on the team
- Continue to support the accreditation process by adhering to all standards as proposed by the NAEYC
- Provide feedback regarding the evaluation of teachers and assistants
- Team meetings to coordinate curriculum and provide training State Department of Education Pre-school Curriculum Frameworks (PCF) and Pre-school Assessment Frameworks (PAF)Plan coordinate and provide PD and training for preschool staff for minimum of 2 times per year
- Continue to create appropriate learning environments including management of study spaces and activities, planning and observation of theme based lessons and related lesson plans as well as coordination of field trips
- Provide model lessons that integrate best practices with large and small groups of students
- Provide direct instruction to large and small groups of students
- Collaborate with Center Director for the planning and coordination of parenting workshops
- Engage parents to participate in workshops and teacher conferences and increase communication with parents
- Current Connecticut Teaching Certificate, PreK-Kindergarten (113) preferred.
- Demonstrated experience within Stamford Public Schools or other Pre-school programs.
- Evidence of ability to work well with others.
- Evidence of organizational ability and willingness to pursue tasks to successful completion.
- Knowledge of staff development strategies, instructional techniques.
- Demonstrated understanding of the relationship of technology to the general instructional program.
- Superior communication skills (oral and written).
Three (3) years. Current term will be from 7/1/2012 - 6/30/2015
186 days per year.
The salary for this position is determined in accordance with the provisions of the current teacher contract.
PROCEDURE FOR FILING APPLICATION
Complete the online application