Head Boys Wrestling Coach - Elk Grove High School
Coach is responsible for providing leadership and direction for all phases of
the boys wrestling program including its long-term development, organization
and coordination of all levels of play, scheduling and budgeting. The head coach will assist with the selection
and management of assistant coaches. The head coach is responsible for
coordinating and directing, along with school administration, wrestling related
public relations activities with the athletic department, school, athletic
booster organization and the community.
preferred candidate must possess the ability to:
· Build and strengthen our existing program
while heightening and fostering high expectations for future success.
· Foster a culture of support and leadership
that will help student athletes grow and develop on and off the court.
· Demonstrate the ability and experience to
increase the wrestling knowledge, skills and expertise
of wrestling staff in all phases of the sport.
· Develop and enact sound match strategy.
· Develop a sound long term strategic plan and
vision for the EGHS wrestling program.
· Teach wrestling philosophy, skills and
techniques to both assistant coaches and athletes.
· Demonstrate the capacity and leadership
necessary to design clinics, staff meetings, summer camps, and off-season programs that ensure staff awareness and
commitment concerning program
· Delegate specific duties as needed and
supervise their implementation throughout the season. At season’s end, analyze staff effectiveness and contribute to
the overall evaluation of all assistants.
· Participate in the budgeting process with the
· Maintain good public relations with news
media, parents and officials.
· Work with the school’s administration.
Applicable Illinois certification.
- Previous wrestling coaching experience or high level playing experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
Apply online at http://www.d214.org/
In addition to completing an online application, all candidates are required to provide all of the following as separate items electronically:
· Cover letter - The cover letter must highlight basketball experiences and reasons for applying.
· Coaching Resume – Outlining the qualifications and experiences related to the coaching aspect.
· Three letters of Recommendation (External Candidates Only)
Application Deadline: Deadline date for submission is Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 3:30 pm.
Click on the orange "APPLY" button above to begin an online application.
“An equal employment and equal education opportunity agency."