LOCATION OF JOB:
East Leyden High School
1. Experience in general office operations with accounts payable, general accounting, and emphasis on computer operations.
2. High School graduate, with some college credit in accounting and/or business desirable.
3. Ability to work and relate to other people.
4. Demonstrated ability for accuracy and attention to detail.
Fiscal Services Supervisor
Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that District finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
1. Ability to deal effectively with people both in person and on the telephone.
2. Ability to use technology
3. Ability to speak and write in a clear and understandable manner and to write legibly.
4. Good working knowledge of basic office procedures and the operation of common office equipment and machines.
5. Ability to be aware of the security of the student, the staff, and school property.
6. Ability to meet daily attendance requirements.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding staff and student personal record information.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding employee issues, concerns, and/or disciplinary procedures.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding student issues, concerns, and/or disciplinary procedures.
1. Receive and verify all invoices for processing. Distribute to the proper departments and upon return, process them through the financial management system (FMS). Prepare for Board approval at regular Board meetings.
2. Prepare and verify corresponding warrant for invoices to be approved by the Board of Education.
3. Responsible for updating bills list changes and printing checks. Distribute and mail checks as needed.
4. Responsible for meeting established deadlines to ensure that vendors and suppliers are paid.
5. Perform all FMS operations in preparation for bills payment list.
6. Verify the Check Register.
7. Scan all invoices into CEO Image System.
8. File all paid invoices and processed purchase orders.
9. Void and reissue checks as required.
10. Maintain the Vendor List.
11. Work with Department Chairs to issue checks in a timely manner.
12. Adhere to internal control procedures and external standards
PERFORMS THE FOLLOWING ON A TEMPORARY BASIS AS NEEDED:
1. Act as a cashier and record cash receipts. Issue deposit receipts daily for regular and Student Activity accounts.
2. Prepare deposits for Student Activity accounts as needed.
3. Responsible for originating Revolving Fund checks.
4. Responsible for originating Student Activity checks.
5. Perform all journal entries pertaining to accounts payable to complete
6. Secure all funds and confidential documents on a continual basis.
7. Perform other duties and special assignments as directed by the Fiscal Services Supervisor or the CFO/CIO/Treasurer.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Per Board Policy
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Per Board Policy
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Instructional Support Personnel.