Network & Systems Specialist
The Network and Systems Specialist will assist the Network and Systems Manager with the deployment and maintenance of the wired and wireless networks, servers, software deployment administration system, and client-management systems. This position will also interact with District 21's partner vendors on the supervision and maintenance of the District 21 network and various systems. Under the supervision of and in cooperation with the Network and Systems Manager and the Director of Technology, responsibilities include:
- Network Management (wired and wireless networks--Cisco)
- Server Management
- User and Group Management (Active Directory)
- Deployment/Administration System Software (i.e., Casper Suite, Apple Remote Desktop)
- Client-Management (Workgroup Manager, Active Directory)
- Strong background knowledge with current enterprise-class directory services systems and a strong knowledge of and interest in current consumer and classroom technology equipment, supplies, and software
- The ability to learn quickly and in a self-directed manner and the traits of flexibility and collaboration will all be necessary for success in this position
The Network and Systems Specialist is a salaried position that will work flexibly over a 12-month calendar to ensure that maintenance and upgrades take place during non-school hours and non-school days. The Network and Systems Specialist works under the direct supervision of the Director of Technology and the Network and Systems Manager and with other members of the District-wide Technology Team, as well as other partner organizations. Additionally, the Network and Systems Specialist works as a team member alongside District administrators, teachers, and other non-certified staff.
Apply online at www.ccsd21.org
The interview process will be led and articulated by the district administration, and they are typically assisted by other staff members.