Posting Date: 3/19/2012
Closing Date: 3/23/2012 at 3:30PM
Position: Grounds Worker (2 openings)
Location: Maitenance Shop
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Per Local 70 contract Class B step 30 ($19.70/hr.)
Benefits: Per Custodian/Driver Master Agreement (may be viewed at www.isd622.org)
Work Year: 12-month, full-time - 7:00am to 3:30pm
Internal ISD 622 applicants: Please bid via the ISD622 website or submit a bid sheet stating your current position and seniority date by 3:30pm on 3/23/2012
1. Minimum of 2 years experience in grounds maintenance including but not limited to:
A. Preventative maintenance and repair of grounds including mowers, tractors, small engines, etc.
B. Marking and maintaining of all types of athletic fields.
C. Grass cutting, fertilizing, seeding and aerating of grounds.
D. Maintenance and lining of parking lots and playground areas.
E. Blacktop and sidewalk repair.
F. Tree trimming.
G. Fence installation and repair.
H. Snow plowing and sanding.
I. Welding, Carpentry, and wood working.
J. Floor and ceiling repair and installation.
K. Bobcat, commercial mower and snow plow operation
2. Valid MN Drivers License and ability to operate school-owned vehicles.
3. Experience with computer systems including Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
4. Knowledge of district grounds maintenance methods and procedures with the capability of instructing others.
5. Ability and willingness to work on call
6. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
7. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
1. Small engine repair certification.
2. Herbicide applicators license
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Maintain a regular schedule for grounds repair and upkeep.
2. Work with contractors, consultants and architects on grounds issues.
3. Work with the surrounding communities relative to sharing resources for the maintenance and upkeep of District sites and follow agreed to terms and conditions of related contracts and agreements with these communities.
4. Provide a replacement schedule for all districts grounds and warehouse equipment to ensure timely replacement
5. Perform all other duties and tasks that may be assigned by the Grounds Warehouse Supervisor
Apply on line at www.isd622.org. Click on Human Resources and Employment Opportunities.