Elementary Tutoring Site Coordinator
The Academy for Urban School Leadership (AUSL) is a nonprofit school management organization operating in partnership with the Chicago Public Schools, and currently manages a network of 19 schools. AUSL’s mission is to improve student achievement in Chicago’s high-poverty, chronically failing schools through a disciplined transformation process. For more information about AUSL, go to www.ausl-chicago.org.
AUSL seeks experienced teachers to develop, manage, and coach a team of 10 to 20 (or more) tutors who will provide mathematics instruction to small groups of students, as part of a new program to provide tutoring to supplement regular classroom instruction in a number of AUSL-managed schools.
- Manage a group of 15-25 tutors of math instruction; collaborate with tutors, teachers, and school administrators to ensure student success
- Train and coach tutors on pedagogy, curriculum knowledge, and classroom management techniques; implement the AUSL coaching model, which is active, transparent, collaborative, and highly accountable
- As part of a team with other Site Coordinators and the Manager of the program, design curriculum for tutoring that meets students’ and aligns with the curriculum in regular classroom instruction
- Collaborate with tutors to create targeted math lesson plans for dramatic student achievement gains in mathematics for students in grades 3 to 5
- Design and implement systems and structures for increasing student achievement with data-driven instruction, supporting the work of the school’s tutors, teachers, and administrators
- Monitor student assessment data and create reports
- Use a repertoire of strategies for adult learners for professional development, coaching, classroom observations & feedback, and analysis of student work; design and deliver weekly professional development for tutors.
- Master’s degree in an education-related field; current teaching certificate
- Experience as a successful and innovative math teacher; minimum five years of successful K-8 classroom teaching experience
- Extensive experience in urban educational settings
- Skills and prior experience coaching or mentoring adult learners
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and project teams
- Excellent time management, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Spanish language proficiency is a plus but not required
- Values diversity of thought, background, and perspectives, and is enthusiastic about AUSL’s mission to improve student achievement in Chicago Public Schools
- Driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle (no out of town travel required, but some travel to various school sites across Chicago).
This position is a full-time, year round position as an employee of AUSL; it is not a CPS position. Each site Coordinators will be assigned to one of the AUSL schools in the city of Chicago.
How to Apply
AUSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about AUSL, go to http://www.ausl-chicago.org/. To apply: go to http://www.applitrack.com/ausl/onlineapp/ and click “View Open Positions” , then “AUSL Staff Positions” to select this position, complete a brief online application, and upload your resume and cover letter.