BRIEF DESCRIPTION / POSITION SUMMARY:
Hinsdale Township High School District 86 is seeking candidates to be the Department Chair for the Special Education Department at Hinsdale South. This is a non-teaching position. The successful candidate will:
- Lead and supervise 18 certified staff and 21 paraprofessionals who provide special education services;
- Serve on the building's Instructional Leadership Team;
- Lead collaboration with general education department leaders regarding inclusion and collaborative teaching relationships
- Conduct IEP meetings;
- Work with District Administration regarding services for special education students.
- Reports to the Principal
- Work cooperatively with the Assistant Principals and building Department Chairs
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
Type 75 and Special Education Certification. Must have previous Assistant Superintendent, Director, or Special Education Department Chair experience.