• Valid Illinois certification in teaching
• Master's degree or beyond from an accredited college or university PREFERRED
• Five years of successful teaching with positive evaluations in areas associated with this position and/or recommendations from professional associates, employers, and/or supervisors
• Successful teaching experience utilizing technology integration
• Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate standards-based instructional programs
• In-depth knowledge of current technology and instructional issues and trends
• Successful experience in developing and leading staff in-service training programs
• Available to conduct in-service before school, after school and during the summer
• Functions as a team member and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Director of Curriculum and Instruction
MAINTAINS LIAISON WITH:
Building Principals and School Staff
Professional Development Institute Personnel
Department of Information Systems
To provide support, assistance, and leadership to principals, teachers and staff in the
areas of instructional strategies utilizing technology integration.
(The following are the essential fundamentals to include but not limited to the following job duties.)
- Assist the principal and building leadership in advocating, facilitating and the implementation of strategies that improve student achievement and close the achievement gap
- Assist in planning, implementation and evaluation of the district's technology curriculum
- Assist in the allocation of school resources and supplementary materials to support classroom instruction and student achievement within assigned building.
- Organize systems of data collection to allow for the comparison, analysis and evaluation of information within assigned building.
- Maintain knowledge of current Board, Federal, State and local regulations.
- Utilize local agencies and resources to enhance the services to the school.
- Provide technical support to the building principal and building leadership in on-going professional development with a focus on school improvement.
- Plan and deliver in-service training for staff in technology
- Assist with the writing of grants and proposals relating to the use of instructional technology
- Perform other duties as assigned
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Wages, terms, and conditions of employment pursuant to the collective bargaining agreement between the Decatur Education Association and the Decatur Public Schools #61 Board of Education.
At times this position may require more than the work day to perform the essential duties of the position, therefore, this position allows for flex time due to meetings and duties that may extend beyond the professional work day. The flex time will be coordinated with the Director of Curriculum and Instruction or designee.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel and provisions set forth in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee may be required to work at multiple agency locations as necessary.