Posting dates: 3/26/12 through 3/30/12 or until filled
Hours: Monday through Friday approximately 6:15 AM - 12:05 PM with 20 minute unpaid break; 5.50 hours/day
Work closely with Nutrition Service Manager in assisting day to day operation of the kitchen.
Essential job functions include the following:
- Oversees work of the Cooks Helper and Cashier.
- Complete and or oversee production records. Help prepare and serve food as needed
- Complete orders and merchandise arrivals for four vendors designated by the Nutrition Service Manager. Assists in receiving food orders.
- Work with Nutrition Service Manager on menu planning.
- Work with Nutrition Service Manager to take monthly inventory. Assist with performance reviews and performance counseling. Helps train new employees.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts as the Nutrition Service Manager in his/her absence.
- Acts as a backup to the Cooks Helper and Cashier as needed.
- Attends workshops, in-services, conferences or organizational meetings for continued professional growth and training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· SNA classes in progress – Level I within 3 years of hire.
· Knowledge of sanitation and safety practices related to cooking and serving food.
· Knowledge of basic food preparation including washing, cutting, and assembling food items and ingredients.
· Knowledge of basic computer functions and operations.
· Knowledge of methods of preparing and serving food in large quantities.
· Knowledge of cooking equipment.
· Ability to train and provide work direction to Nutrition Services staff.
· Ability to make good judgements in the preparation of food.
· Ability to operate a computer and applicable software applications.
· Regular attendance.
Continuously stand, reach with one or both hands, lift up to 15 pounds; frequently twist, lift up to 40 pounds, push and pull up to 15 pounds; occasionally crouch, kneel, stoop, lift up to 50 pounds.
$18.45 non-certified/probationary; $18.75 non-certified
$18.80 certified/probationary; $19.10 certified
(4 month probationary period)