Bay-Arenac ISD Position Description
JOB TITLE: Office Professional
DEPARTMENT: Adult Education
PREPARED BY: Amy T. Muempfer DATE: March 7, 2012 FTE: 1.0
APPROVED BY: Dave Sevener DATE: March 7, 2012
Assist the staff and students of the Adult Education Department by performing clerical duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Provide superior customer service to students, staff and the general public by providing information about the adult education program
· Perform financial duties to include creating purchase orders, checks, preparing bank deposits, running the credit card machine and accepting tuition and fees from students
· Register students for classes
· Responsible for student count reporting
· Responsible for creating and maintaining student records
· Enter student data into appropriate databases
· Collect and enter student attendance information daily
· Register candidates for the GED Exam and collect and send tests for scoring
· Uphold all requirements of the GED Testing Service in regards to test security and records retention
· Create and distribute memos, agendas, letters, reports and department forms, including calendar and schedule of classes
· Prepare certificates of completion and diplomas
· Create and send invoices
· Assist in graduation planning and the graduation ceremony
· Schedule rooms and maintain the main room assignment calendar
· Maintain and update department website and mailing list
· Abide by all BAISD Board Policies and Administrative Guidelines
· Maintain student confidentiality and uphold FERPA laws regarding student records
· Be responsive to the needs and requests of all stakeholders
· Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree or CPS, and three years recent, relevant experience.
Successful applicants must posses superior technology skills and be highly skilled in keyboarding,/data entry, Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Publisher, and Adobe Livecycle Designer. Applicant also must be able to use the web and other resources to gather information and must be able to communicate via e-mail. Must be able to adapt to an ever changing and fast-paced work environment and must be organized and detail oriented.
Ability to read, interpret, or prepare documents such as budgets, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively and professionally to parents, staff and students.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Utilizes common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions; deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Maintains the highest level of privacy regarding records and information; types a minimum of 55 words/minute, error free; operates computer hardware and related software; develops and maintains effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community; communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; performs duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear and operate a computer. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, such as filing boxes. Occasionally the employee will type for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The employee continuously interacts with the public and other staff and occasionally meets multiple demands from several people.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.