League season: August – October: two practices each week and 4 races (Sept. 9, 23, Oct. 7, 28).
Some pre-season workouts and rides in July.
Primary Objective of Positions:
To provide leadership and coaching services to Minnetonka Mountain Bike team members in a high school intramural league program. Ensure a safe and successful experience for all athletes.
1. Lead team practices, warm-ups, conditioning, and drills in accordance with coaching goals.
2. Coach players during league races.
3. Help all athletes to develop to their full potential.
4. Implement program goals and guidelines; enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establish and manage activity penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
5. Enforce all rules of the Minnesota State High School League, National Interscholastic Cycling Association, and Minnetonka Public School Policies as they pertain to the respective sport.
6. Promote respect for officials, opposing coaches, other teams, parents, fans, athletes, fellow coaches, and administrators.
7. Communicate schedule dates, times, and any changes to team members.
8. Communicate regularly with Recreation Program Manager.
9. Responsible for all matters pertaining to the organization and administration of coaching an athletic team.
10. Plan, coordinate, and supervise the team during all events, including practices and competitions.
11. Coordinate practice schedules with the Recreation Manager and Assistant Coaches.
12. Assist the Recreation Program Manager in maintaining complete and accurate records as required (i.e. student health forms, parental consents, attendance forms, insurance records, activity/athletic code forms, etc.).
13. Report all student major injuries immediately to the Recreation Program Manager.
14. Maintain a high level of responsibility, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in mountain biking.
- Evidence of successful coaching experience, ability to teach fundamental skills.
- Knowledge of State, League, and Minnetonka Public School Board Policies regarding student conduct and appropriate disciplinary action.
- Understanding of and agreement with the Minnetonka Public School District's Student Activity and Athletic Code and the Coach Handbook.
- Positive, enthusiastic, respectful attitude.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, parents, community members and students.
- Ability to work in a collaborative coaching atmosphere and accept work direction.
- Strong work ethic and dedication to further the benefits of student participation in co-curricular activities.
- Commitment to program’s high standards.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.