SOUTH DAKOTA TEACHER CERTIFICATION WITH ENDORSEMENT IN SUBJECT AREA WITH ELEMENTARY EDUCATION ENDORSEMENT. THREE YEARS OF TEACHING EXPERIENCE AND EXPERIENCE WITH ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION.
1. Requires experience with environmental education.
2. Requires experience working with different ages of children.
3. Requires experience teaching in an outdoor setting.
4. Uses hands-on teaching methods.
5. Participates in outdoor experiences (camping, fishing, hunting).
6. Requires experience with curriculum development.
7. Develops programs for youth at risk.
8. Evaluates, selects, and modifies resources and activities consistent with instructional activities.
9. Plans evaluation procedures consistent with instructional activities.
10. Uses questions to promote understanding and higher level thinking skills.
11. Uses resource materials appropriate to lesson objectives.
12. Provides opportunities for students to participate actively and
13. Communicates as a liaison between the Outdoor Campus and school
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Questions about SD teaching certification: South Dakota Department of Education
- Questions about this posting can be directed to 605-367-7922.
- Technical assistance about completing an online application can be directed to: Technical Help
Relay Services for Hearing Impaired: Dial 711, then the desired number.