196 Day Contract
Desirable Position Criteria
- Valid Iowa teaching license, required
- 5-12 Art endorsement, required
- Experience in secondary art education (including a demonstrated ability to provide educational opportunities for students in the curricular areas of ceramics, jewelry, along with other dimensional art), required
- The ability to utilize pedagogically appropriate/best practice instructional methods designed to prepare all students to achieve higher standards and become lifelong learners.
- Preference is given to a teacher with the ability to demonstrate how to differentiate instruction, how to utilize assessments and data to guide instruction, and experience with aligning the intent of the Iowa Core to a 21<sup>st</sup> century classroom, required.
- Demonstrate ability to lead classroom and departmental efforts, including, but not limited to, the design of art curriculum, managing and organizing resources and supplies, required.
- Commitment to ongoing professional growth and development as described in the Iowa Professional Development Standards and support of the Iowa Teaching Standards as the foundation from which to build that ongoing growth plan.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the administration and/or board of education may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Implement the use of the district framework to meet the needs of all students and other curricular-specific expectations.
- Create and maintain healthy relationships with students.
- Serve as a student advisor.
- Maintain accurate and timely grades and provide measurable and adequate feedback on student work.
- Participate in secondary-level professional development.
- Active membership in the curricular and team level Professional Learning Communities.
It is the policy
of the Waukee Community School District not to illegally discriminate on the
basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, religion, creed, age
(for employment), marital status (for programs), genetic information (for
employment), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for
programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for
processing complaints of discrimination.
If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please
contact the district's Equity Coordinator, Mr. Duane Magee, Assistant
Superintendent of Human Resources, 560 SE University Avenue, Waukee, IA 50263. Phone number: 515-987-5161.
Email: email@example.com; or to the Director of the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Des
Moines, Iowa; or to the Director of the Region VII Office of Civil Rights,
Department of Education, Chicago, Illinois. The Waukee Community School
District complaint procedure in its entirety is located in the Board of
Directors' Policy Manual.
Procedures for staff are outlined in Board policy 405.5. Procedures for
parents, students and community members are referred to in Board policy 502.9
and 1003.3. Copies of the Policy Manual
are located in each Principal's office, the Administrative Office, the Waukee
Public Library and the District's website, http://www.waukee.k12.ia.us.