Hours: 3hours/day; 5 days/week
General Purpose of Job: To inspire and prepare all students with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning. Prepare and serve daily the prescribed meal pattern within the allotment of time needed to operate a lunch time schedule set by the building principal.
- Prepare a complete Type A meal to include the basic preparation, cooking, baking and serving of food.
- Operate various types of kitchen equipment such as steamers, ranges, mixers, food cutters and choppers, etc.
- Arrange food on a serving line and serve a complete Type A meal.
- Clean on a regularly scheduled basis the kitchen and equipment used in preparing food.
- Record food usage on inventory cards.
- Cut/wash vegetables/fruits for salads.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Operational knowledge of hand and power implements used in preparing food.
- Knowledge of food preparation.
- Human Relations: Serving and helping.
- Knowledge of sanitation and safety requirements.
- Ability to bend, twist and lift large pans and containers up to 35 pounds in weight.
Desired Qualifications: Experience in food service.
Job Type: Part-time, school year
Bargaining Unit: School Nutrition
Salary Range: Per Contract