High school diploma required; post-secondary degree preferred; at least two years experience in a high paced and challenging environment dealing with confidential material; advanced technology skills including but not limited to word processing, creation of forms and tables, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; high level of organizational skills; ability to take direction; independent, flexible, well organized approach to task completion, including the ability to anticipate needs and complete tasks in a timely and professional manner; strong oral and written communication skills; ability to work directly with administrators; ability to establish and maintain accurate files; ability to interact well and effectively with faculty, students, parents, colleagues and the community.
Essential Job Functions:
a wide variety of duties related to the operation of the student
transportation function in the school district including:
- Working with the bus contractor and other school personnel to establish bus routes.
and recommending adjustments to routes for all pupil transportation
needs as may be required by the Superintendent and/or Board of Education
in accordance with the Connecticut General Statutes and the policies,
procedures and regulations of the Berlin Public Schools.
- Serving as single point of contact
for all principals and designees for transportation matters, including
all communication with bus contractor, procurement where required for
special needs transportation, and field trips and athletic events during
and after the normal school day.
- Serving as single point of contact for all parents and guardians for transportation related matters.
Assists the Superintendent of Schools with all student residency issues.
- Coordinates enrollment of new students to the district.
- Assists the Director of Business Operations in the purchasing function for the district.
II. Other Responsibilities:
- Provides secretarial support and prepares correspondence for the Director of Business Operations.
- Maintains filing system necessary for the efficient operation of the Office of the Director of Business Operations.
- Screens incoming telephone calls and maintains telephone logs.
- Processes incoming mail for the Office of the Director of Business Operations.
- Prepares electronic correspondence to staff.
- Assists with and prepares PowerPoint presentations.
- Assists with the development and prepares budget documents relating to system-wide accounts.
- Performs special assignments, surveys, and routine administrative functions as directed.
- Performs all other duties as shall be assigned by the Director of Business Operations.
III. Terms of Employment:
- 12 month position, 37.5 hours per week
and benefits, in accordance with the negotiated agreement between the
Berlin Board of Education and the Berlin Association of Educational
Clerical Personnel; $23.86 per hour, subject to probationary period