English Honors Teacher 1.0 FTE
Closes: when filled
Elk Grove High School
English 1.0 FTE Elk Grove High School
Elk Grove High School is seeking exceptional candidates with a strong commitment to helping all students maximize their learning while achieving success with our district goals. A strong academic background is essential. We are looking for exceptional candidates who will assist Elk Grove High School create an exemplar learning community where everyone seeks and implements strategies for improving student achievement and growth; works collaboratively in professional learning communities to achieve goals with a common purpose focused on student learning; and demonstrates a commitment to the success and well being of all members of our school community.
We expect that all staff member make significant contribution in the broader life of our school through extending their leadership to our school committees, professional learning teams and in the co-curricular arena.
- State of Illinois high school certification (09) and endorsement in English.
- Academically prepared to teach courses in written and oral communications.
- Academically prepared to teach courses in literature and composition.
- Academically prepared to teach courses in writing and in advanced composition.
- Ability to teach courses at various academic levels including honors.
- Experience in teaching Honors English preferred.
- Support building co-curricular activities as a coach or sponsor.
- Commitment to working with an interdisciplinary or integrated team: designing, implementing, and refining curriculum.
- Commitment to working with a coordinated curriculum that targets external assessment in the design and delivery of its content.
- Proficiency in the use of instructional and multimedia technologies.
Click on the orange "APPLY" button above to begin an online application.
“An equal employment and equal education opportunity agency."
Township High School District 214
2121 S. Goebbert Road
Second largest High School District in Illinois. Comprised of six high schools and three alternative programs. Comprised of "Best Schools in the Nation" by U.S. News and World Report.
All jobs from Township High School District 214