8 hours per day, 12 months per year
10:00 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
3rd shift differential available $0.65 per hour
Pay rate $14.20
Benefit Eligible Position
1. Performs routine and project cleaning of assigned classrooms, offices and corridors. Duties include empty waste receptacle, vacuum and/or sweep floors, empty sharpeners, clean disinfect sinks and fountains, straighten and clean furniture, refinish hard surface floors, carpet extraction, marker and chalk board cleaning.
2. With the direction of the Head Custodian, coordinate, schedule and give work direction to the custodial staff for the completion of project cleaning and building use.Interacts with building occupants to ensure doors are open, equipment needed is available, and all of their needs for the facility are met.
3. Performs routine and project cleaning of assigned lavatories and locker rooms. Duties include cleaning and disinfecting lavatory fixtures, sinks, walls, floors, mirrors, and dispensers. Keeps paper and soap dispensers filled and functioning, empty waste receptacles and insures odor control.
4. Perform minor maintenance duties including but not limited to: cleaning and lubricating univents, changing filters, changing light bulbs and ballasts, adjusting equipment and furniture, small painting projects.
5. Responsible for securing the facility including closing and locking windows, locking doors, insuring security lights are operating, and activating the security alarm.
6. Performs exterior maintenance including lawn mowing, trimming, cleaning exterior windows and walls, and ensuring all sidewalks and stairs are free of ice and snow.
7. Operates a variety of equipment including but not limited to vacuum cleaners, battery operated floor scrubbers, rotary floor machines, carpet extractors, pressure washers, snow blowers, lawn mowers, weed whips, and power brooms.
8. Reports all needed repairs to the building head custodian.
1. High school graduate or GED.
2. Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to organize and maintain records.
3. Demonstrated accurate mathematical skills
4. Customer service oriented with positive inter-personal skills
5. Demonstrated ability to effectively successfully complete a pre-placement physical capabilities examination at U.S. Northworks Business Health at the District's expense.