Qualifications: Masters Degree in Library Information Science
5 years teaching experience, classroom and/or library
Current Illinois Certification:
o Type 10 with Library Information Specialist Endorsement; or
o Type 03 with Library Information Specialist Endorsement; or
o Type 09 with Library Information Specialist Endorsement and Middle School Endorsement
Be able to demonstrate instructional technology expertise
Reports to: Director of Technology
Evaluated by: Director of Technology
Job Goals: To ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information.
To empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information.
To instill a love of learning in all students and ensure equitable access to information.
To collaborate with classroom teachers and specialists to design and implement lessons and units of instruction, and assess student learning and instructional effectiveness.
To provide the leadership and expertise necessary to ensure that the school library program (SLP) is aligned with the mission, vision, goals, and objectives of the school district, and is an integral component of the learning/instructional program.
As a leader
• Initiate district mission and program goals by creating flexible and virtual learning environments that are conducive to active and participatory
learning,resource-based instructional practices, and the use of instructional technology to engage students, provide professional development and to improve
As an instructional partner
• Collaborate with teachers and students to plan and implement inquiry-based and 21st century learning experiences that incorporate multiple literacies.
• Foster critical thinking, and develop lifelong learners.
As an information specialist
• Provide expertise in the selection, acquisition, evaluation and organization of literature, information resources and information technologies.
• Promote the use of existing and emerging technologies that support teaching and learning.
• Help connect students and teachers with the global learning community.
• Provide 24/7 access to library services.
As a teacher
• Empower students to become critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers and ethical users of information.
Other duties as assigned.
10 month position, 6.67 hours per day, position eligible for benefits.
Interested candidates should complete the on-line application.
Internal Candidates should submit a letter of interest to the Superintendent.
Please do not send hard copies of supporting documentation, i.e.; cover letters, resumes, etc. to Riverside District 96 Schools.