REPORTS TO: Executive Directors of Special Education and Director of Compliance Management
This position works collaboratively with central office and with schools to ensure that all IEPs and student special education records are in compliance. The Compliance monitor will enhance the overall quality of the IEPs and the special education record keeping in central office, and in schools, so that files are in compliance and accessible.
The monitors will be trained by Special Education Central Office staff.
· Check IEP’s for accuracy and completion
· Obtain document s from the electronic data base (SEAS)
· Complete compliance checklist
- Assist in special education research and data collection
· May be required to work in schools to gather data relative to IEP’s
· Perform other duties as required
· High School Diploma; BS/BA in education or liberal arts preferred, IN LIEU THEREOF, an Associate’s degree in a related field and four (4) years experience in a related field, or a combination of education and experience in a related field totaling eight (8) years
· Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task
· Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels
· Excellent customer service, written and oral communications skills, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to use technology to maintain a variety of records (SEAS).
· Ability to prioritize, reorganize and meet specific deadlines, in alignment with compliance checklists.
· Proficient with computers re: accessing SEAS
· Experience in working with innovative public schools improvement efforts preferred
· Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the school.
· Ability to work under stress and within difficult time constraints, meeting timelines as required
· Ability to transport self between schools
· Understanding that all access to records and materials within are confidential
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: None
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve month work year – in accordance with Hartford Educational Support Personnel Bargaining Agreement Salary Grid C-460 ($31,839 - $37,761) (2009-2010)
UNION AFFILIATION: Hartford Educational Support Personnel (HESP)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All internal and external applicants must submit an online application.
Please visit http://talent.hartfordschools.org/
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D