ASSISTANT COACH/GIRLS SOCCER
High School diploma
CPR and First Aid Certificates
Valid 5-Year Coaching Connecticut certification or the ability to qualify
To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship and an increased level of self-esteem, and possess the ability to teach basic skills.
Reports To: Head Coach
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules with the head coach a regular program of practice in season (including holiday or vacation periods).
- Works closely with the head coach in scheduling interscholastic contests.
- Assist the head coach in recommending purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms as appropriate.
- Assist the head coach in maintaining necessary attendance forms, insurance records, accident reports and similar paperwork.
- Assists in overseeing the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Enforces rules and regulations which have been established by the head coach, and distributes copies of same to all squad members prior to the start of the season.
- Provides for the orderly distribution and collection of all athletic equipment.
- Will evaluates their program and submit written reports to the head coach at the conclusion of their season.
- Conforms to the rules and regulations as stated in the coaches manual and/or teachers manual.
- Performs such other duties as are consistent with the nature of the position and as may be requested by the head coach.
In accordance with the Agreement Between the Cheshire Board of Education and the Education Association of Cheshire.