The following are required:
- Valid Alaska type C certificate with an endorsement in school librarian, library science, or media services
- There is no HQT (Highly Qualified Teacher) designation for this position
The following is preferred:
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed below are representative of the essential functions of this position. The successful candidate:
- Articulates their philosophy and beliefs, relative to a public school librarian position
- Describes how those beliefs and practices are tied to current research on effective library practices
- Identifies and implements the school library media services program to the developmental ability of the students
- Demonstrates knowledge of the student content standards for school librarians
- Demonstrates an understanding and application of learning theory
- Demonstrates the belief that all students can learn
- Identifies and use library media strategies and resources appropriate to individual student needs
- Incorporates characteristics of culture into strategies for learning
- Demonstrates the knowledge of and access to the ASD curriculum
- Facilitates and monitor student learning in the library setting
- Creates an optimum learning environment
- Partners with teachers, parents, families, and the community
- Participates and contribute to the education profession
The physical demands of this job require frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking and hearing. Specific visual abilities are also required. The employee is regularly required to reach with his/her hands and arms and occasionally lift items weighing less than 40 lbs. Additionally, the employee must be able to understand vague and implicit instructions, be able to readily recall facts and details, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure.
The Anchorage School District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all individuals with a qualified physical or mental disability.
Work is performed in a professional environment with a wide variety of individuals having differing functions, personalities and abilities, including working with diverse groups of people in a variety of different settings.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
The Anchorage School District is an equal employment opportunity employer.