1. Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Education and/or specified subject.
2. Current certification as a Teacher of Students Who Are Gifted and Talented and/or Middle Level English Langugage Arts.
3. Willing to actively and immediately pursue the additional requirements to receive certification in both Teacher of Students Who Are Gifted and Talented or Middle Level English/Language Arts.
4. Meet the NCLB Highly Qualified Designation as a Middle Level Enlgish/Langugage Arts.
5. Minimum of 3 years experience in the necessary content area and experience in the skills to successfully teach assigned content area(s) and grade level(s) and deliver exceptional standards-based instruction in content area and grade level that ensures academic growth for all students.
6. Proficiency in automated student information systems for progress and grade reporting and class work documentation and ability to integrate technology into instructional delivery.
7. Exceptional classroom management, organization, planning, instructional delivery, leadership, and technical skills; and the ability to utilize differentiated instructional methods to engage students in positive learning experiences.
8. Outstanding ability to motivate and build relationships with students and parents to promote student achievement and strengthen community partnerships.
9. Commendable history of effective leadership, extra-curricular participation, an acceptable attendance record, and exemplary performance.