MUST SUBMIT PAPER APPLICATION TO MISSION CISD HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 1201 BRYCE DRIVE, MISSION, TEXAS.
Coordinator for Maintenance, Custodian Supervisor
LENGTH OF WORK YEAR:
$8.37 - $11.92
Provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean and efficient environment in which to learn, plan and develop
1. Ability to speak, read and write English at the eighth grade level
2. Six (6) months experience in a job as a janitor preferred or the ability to learn the job through on-the-job training
3. Knowledge of proper sequence of activities required to perform the job preferred
4. Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers and supervisor
5. Ability to fully comprehend instructions/directions written in English to at least the 8<SUP>th</SUP> grade level
6. Ability to perform work tasks independent of constant supervision
7. Ability to perform repetitive work on a continuous basis
8. Ability to match or discriminate between colors by sight or from memory sufficient to distinguish color safety codes and perform job accurately and safely
9. Ability to move hands easily an skillfully to handle/operate tools/machines to perform required tasks
10. Ability to interpret school policy and procedure in relations to the job position, safety, and health
11. Ability to perform a variety of different types of tasks without the variety itself causing a loss of efficiency
12. Ability to follow both written and verbal instructions that require individual thought to complete the task or a series of tasks
13. Ability to perform activities of a routine, concrete, organized nature
14. Such alternatives as Board may require
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Keep school building in a clean and orderly condition.
2. Sweep, mop, vacuum, and/or dust floors in classrooms, offices, restrooms, storage areas, hallways, auditorium, gymnasium, and other areas of the school buildings.
3. Mix water, detergents, or chemicals to prepare cleaning solutions according to specifications as directed.
4. Strip floor surfaces of wax or other protective coating and apply new wax or protective coating.
5. Operate buffer.
6. Replace burned out light bulbs and filters in air conditioning/heating system as directed or scheduled.
7. Keep outside walkways clean of debris and dirt. (May include driveway from public street to front of school building)
8. Mow grass in designated areas around school building as directed.
9. Trim shrubbery and grass around walkways, driveways, and buildings.
10. Move and/or set up desks, tables, chairs, and/or storage cabinets as directed.
11. Clean restroom fixtures with proper cleaning solution and disinfectant as directed.
12. Clean/remove debris from any location in or around school building which may constitute a safety/health hazard.
13. Maintain security in school building in accordance with school policy and procedures.
14. Report all major building maintenance repair needs, safety, or security problems to the principal or supervisor on the day detected or the following day in the manner required by school policy and procedures.
15. Submit reports to the school principal or supervisor as required on a timely basis.
16. Perform all job functions with special attention to good public relations, safety, health, and proper procedures.
17. Follow a specific work schedule if directed.
18. Keep a sufficient inventory of materials, tools, and equipment on the site to perform job requirements without interruption.
19. Attend meetings as directed by the supervisor.
20. Perform minor and routine maintenance through painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, and carpenter activities.
21. Learn proper safety procedures; to follow safety regulations in the performance of duties; and to report accidents immediately.
22. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Occasionally (0 to 33% of the work day) lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds of weight with frequent (34 to 66% of the work day) lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds or constant (67 to 99% of the work day) lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 20 pounds
2. Stand up to 2 ½ hours at a time during the work day
3. Walk up to 2 ½ hours at a time during the work day
4. Climb ladder up to 15 feet in height
5. Kneel, stoop, and/or crawl on occasion (0 to 33% of the work day)
6. Reach from ground level to above head (with one or both hands) with up to 20 pounds of weight on occasion (0 to 33% of the work day)
7. Grasp and handle tools, materials, and other objects weighing up to 100 pounds
8. Push/pull with approximately 20 pounds of strength to use broom, mop, electric floor polisher/buffer, lawn mower, etc…
9. Vision of 20/20 (corrected) with a minimum of 60 degree field vision
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. I acknowledge I received a copy of this job description.
Employee’s Signature: Date
Supervisor’s Signature: Date
The Mission Consolidated Independent School District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.