MANHATTAN MIDDLE SCHOOL OF ARTS AND ACADEMICS
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that demands educational excellence. It stands as a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national level for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities of Boulder, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill cover approximately 500 square miles and serve an estimated 211,000 residents, with an enrollment of more than 29,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within its boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: http://www.bvsd.org
MANHATTAN MIDDLE SCHOOL OF ARTS AND ACADEMICS is an academic arts focus and neighborhood school for grades 6 - 8 in the Boulder Valley School District. The challenging academic program covers the Boulder Valley School District middle school curriculum plus an arts focus program. The arts focus program, which students may choose to be a part of, is modeled after the Getty Arts curriculum. MMS is also a District Talented and Gifted Lab School, modeling best practices for integrating and supporting the unique needs of students who are identified as talented and gifted. Website: http://schools.bvsd.org/p12/manhattan/Pages/default.aspx
Assist the principal to provide collaborative leadership in the following areas:
· Continuous school improvement aligned with the District Strategic Plan and State Accreditation
· Purposeful and inclusive curriculum and instructional strategies that are school-wide and focused
· Ongoing assessment of school progress and student achievement
· Job-embedded and discipline-based professional development
· Commitment to shared decision making in a spirit of collaboration
· School climate development that fosters a just and equitable environment
· Hire, supervise, and evaluate staff members
· Maintain a safe and secure educational environment
· Possess (or application submitted to Colorado Department of Education) a Colorado Principal License at time of hire.
· Completed BVSD Online Application.
· Experience in teaching, supervision and educational leadership.
· Experience with data-driven school improvement processes that result in high academic achievement for all and elimination of achievement gaps.
· Current knowledge of best instructional practices.
· Strong planning, organization, motivation, management, supervision and evaluation skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with internal and external audiences.
· Demonstrated skills in facilitation, problem solving, and conflict management.
· Understanding of English Language Learners and appropriate programming.
SALARY RANGE: $77,155 - $102,246 (2011-12 salary schedule – based on education and experience); excellent benefit package. Website: www.bvsd.org/benefits
EFFECTIVE DATE: Beginning of 2012-13 school year (estimated to be July 23, 2012)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled; initial screening of applications for this position will commence the morning of April 20, 2012, and continue on an ongoing basis until the vacancy is filled.
INTERVIEWS HELD: April 25, 2012 for semi-finalists; Final Interviews for finalists held April 26, 2012.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS INCLUDE:
A completed district online application and a completed Principal Insight online assessment, both online at www.bvsd.org. To your application, upload the following: Reference section – three professional letters of reference with phone numbers; Supplemental Materials section - add letter of interest outlining skills and abilities, current resume, and copies of college transcripts and Colorado Principal License. Boulder Valley School District is accepting completed, online applications only.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD - 720-561-5093; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html