Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
Wage 2011-12 - $13.56/hr: Current clerks with seniority please refer to the Wage Section of the bargaining unit contract.
· Bookkeeping/Accounting: Use of Quicken; Use of IFAS
· Register new students, enter information into eSIS, request records, collect service fees and waiver applications.
· Maintain student records in Infinite Campus and cum files; process when students enter/leave the building.
· Keep track of enrollment.
· Maintain all building personnel attendance records.
· Responsible for staff payroll information and processing.
· Order all building supplies, curriculum materials, and catalog orders.
· Submit and process all building C forms, receivers, invoices, and direct payments for the building.
· Call for substitute teachers and para-educators.
· Perform general and program specific clerical functions, including typing letters and documents as needed.
· Complete all tasks for the start and close of the year.
· Supervise office para-educator staff.
· Answer phone and submit work orders for repairs for any office machines.
· Maintain confidentiality in all situations when working with students, staff, and parents.
· Maintain a calm, welcoming professional office environment.
· Assist nurse as needed including dispensing medications, checking for head lice, treating minor injuries, etc.
· Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
· • Ability to routinely lift/carry office supplies and printed materials weighing up to 25 lbs - occasionally lifting 50 pounds
· •? Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels in person and/or on the telephone.
· • Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand a normal conversation in person and/or on the telephone
· • ?Ability to operate computer, calculator, copy machine, telephone, and other office equipment with dexterity and in a safe and efficient manner.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· Must have a High School diploma or GED equivalency
· Must have a postive, customer friendly attitude at all times
· Skilled in use of IC, IFAS, AESOP, and MicroSoft Office including Quicken, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Experience with diverse populations
· Attentive to detail and accuracy; good organizational and communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure, establish priorities, and meet deadlines while maintaining a calm demeanor during stressful situations.
· Able to take initiative in identifying tasks to be accomplished.
· Have training for or become trained in dispensing medication, first aid, and CPR
· Be familiar with grants and current initiatives in the building