The following are required:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Educational Leadership, Public School Administration, or closely related field
- Possess a valid Alaska administrative certificate with Elementary Principal endorsement by July 23, 2012
The following are preferred:
- Two years of successful public administrative experience -- at the elementary level
- Three years successful teaching experience -- at the elementary level
The responsibilities listed below are representative of the essential functions of this position. The successful candidate:
- Provides leadership for an educational organization.
- Guides instruction and supports an effective learning environment.
- Oversees the implementation of curriculum.
- Coordinates services that support student growth and development.
- Provides for staffing and professional development to meet students learning needs.
- Uses assessment and evaluation information about students, staff, and the community in making decisions.
- Communicates with diverse groups and individuals with clarity and sensitivity
- Acts in accordance with established laws, policies, procedures, and good business practices.
- Understands the influence of social, cultural, political and economic forces on the educational environment and uses this knowledge to serve the needs of children families, and communities.
- Facilitates the participation of parents and families as partners in the education of children.
- Other duties as assigned.
The majority of work is performed in a professional school setting with a wide variety of adult and students with differing functions, personalities and abilities.
The physical demands of this job require frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking and hearing. Specific visual abilities are also required. The employee is regularly required to reach with his/her hands and arms and occasionally lift items weighing less than 40 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform functions of the job.
The Anchorage School District is committed to provide reasonable accommodations according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
The Anchorage School District is an equal employment opportunity employer.