SOUTH DAKOTA TEACHER CERTIFICATION WITH ENDORSEMENT IN SUBJECT AREA.
1. Evidence of successful experience working with adult learners.
2. Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and building principals.
3. Knowledge and experience implementing best practices in reading instruction.
4. Knowledge and experience using a variety of reading assessment tools and analyzing student data.
5. Ability to collaborate with teacher teams, co-teach lessons, and do demonstration teaching.
6. Ability to think flexibly and to adapt work to the needs of teachers and students.
7. Knowledge and demonstration of using 21<SUP>st</SUP> Century skills in instruction (analytical thinking, problem solving, communicating, collaborating, and finding and evaluating information).
8. Demonstrate strong skills in oral and written communication and the ability to utilize technology for communication and instruction.
9. Demonstrate organizational skills and initiative for working with minimal direct supervision.
10. Evidence of ongoing professional learning and reflective practice to continuously improve student and adult learning.
11. Knowledge and experience using technology for communication, for data analysis, for gathering and organizing information and for presentations.
12. Demonstrate ability to facilitate groups and practice facilitative behaviors.
13. A working knowledge of current research and resources in reading instruction.
14. Ability to support the design and delivery of professional development at both the district and school levels.
Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment
· Works effectively with small groups of struggling readers at all elementary levels.
· Plans instruction to achieve reading curriculum objectives, establish a positive classroom environment and assists classroom teachers in doing the same.
· Plans and implements student assessments in reading and assists classroom teachers in doing the same.
· Analyzes formal and informal data on student achievement in reading in order to inform instructional planning.
· Identifies and selects appropriate reading instructional materials aligned to content standards and assists classroom teachers in doing the same.
· Provides relevant information from research and professional literature on best practices in reading instruction.
· Utilizes cognitive coaching to support staff growth in curriculum, reading instruction, and assessment.
Job Specific Professional Responsibilities
· Models or provides models for effective teaching strategies, specifically in the application of strategies for reading instruction.
· Assists in identifying, designing, and delivering individual and building level professional development related to student achievement goals in reading.
· Supports implementation of professional learning communities to enhance student achievement in reading.
· Communicates consistently and positively with staff.
· Maintains confidentiality at all times.
Relay Services for Hearing Impaired: Dial 711, then the desired number.