Application Deadline: 4/16/10 at 3:30 pm. This is a summer/temporary position, not subject to the bidding process.
POSITION: Summer Group Assisitant - Adventure Connection/The Edge Programs
LOCATIONS: Skyview, Carver, Castle
STARTING DATE: June 12, 2012 (Prior training and set up required)
WORK YEAR: Summer 2012
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday ~ Straight or Split Shifts
SALARY: $10.50-$14.50, depending on qualifications
FRINGE BENEFITS: This position is not eligible for benefits.
1. Previous experience working with youth PreKindergarten-7th grade in school-age program;
2. High school diploma or equivalent;
3. At least 18 years of age;
4. Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
5. A strong commitment to working with children as well as the ability to work well in a team setting is a must;
6. Enthusiastic, positive attitude;
7. Strong work ethic;
8. Ability to work independently, exercise mature judgement, and manage children's behavior in a positive manner;
9. Must be able to supervise children and fully participate in field trips and aquatic activities;
10. Previous experience assisting in the development, planning, and implementing activities for youth;
11. Ability to work effectively with students, families and colleagues from a variety of ethnic, racial and cultural backgrounds;
12. Ability to be flexible and work closely with other staff in a cooperative enviroment - open to occasional adjustments in work schedule;
13. Ability to convey qualities of warmth, sensitivity, enthusiasm, respect, and cooperation.
14. Ability to maintain high energy over a full day, 5 day per week position
1. Knowledge of District 622 and the Adventure Connection and/or The Edge programs;
2. Experience working with in Adventure Connection/The Edge;
3. Some training in child development, guidance and behavior techniques;
4. Certified in First Aid and CPR;
Please apply online at www.isd622.org.
This is a summer temporary summer position.