Online Instructor Vacancies
ALL POSTINGS CLOSE AT 3 PM ON CLOSING DATE INDICATED
April 9, 2012
Online SPED Teacher - K-8
July 30, 2012
Based on Education & Experience - Salary Schedule available on District website - www.d49.org -
District 49 credits each year of verified full-time/full-year K-12 teaching experience up to a maximum of ten (10) years
New Licensed Staff Orientation:
Must be available for new licensed staff orientation July 25-27, 2012
Due to a multi-year district-wide pay freeze, experience will be reduced by the number of years veteran staff members have been frozen. Example - if pay freeze has been in effect for 3 years and the new hire provides 10 years of verifiable experience; 7 years of experience will be granted and the new hire will be placed on step 8.
182 contract days
PLEASE REVIEW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS BELOW AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS Qualifications:
BA/BS from accredited college or university
Valid Colorado Teaching License endorsed in 5-21 SPED Generalist AND
A passing score on the CO PLACE test for Elementary Education or the PRAXIS II Exam #10014 or 5014 in Elementary Content Knowledge - please upload PLACE and/or PRAXIS scores for HR to review
Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g. database and web-based tools)
Responsible for the instruction of Falcon Virtual Academy students in an online environment, counseling with students and parents to assure academic and career success and supporting the recruitment of online students. Falcon Virtual Academy is focused on being available to any child, anywhere, who can benefit from an individualed approach to education, whether it's full-time schooling outside of the traditional brick-and-mortar school, or through part-time or supplemental options available both inside and outside of the traditional classroom. Falcon Virtual Academy's mission is to create an innovative, rigorous digital learning enivorment that prepares students for the 21st century and beyond.
As part of their regular teaching responsibilities, teachers are expected to fulfill duties in the following areas:
Planning and Preparation
• Learn the curriculum in its entirety for assigned grade levels.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the state standards and how both align with the online curriculum provider.
• Understand overall diversity of assigned families and individual characteristics of students/parents; specifically, how this impacts support needed.
• Utilizes asynchronous and synchronous tools to augment course content according to prescribed policies and procedures set by the district.
Instruction and Student Achievement
• Orients students to course and communicates course requirements.
• Maintains regular office hours and conducts instructional sessions.
• Sets and enforces deadlines for student work.
• Support parents with student curricular and instructional issues.
• Responsible for student academic progress and attendance
• Balance flexibility of the online curriculum with Academy’s policies and procedures.
• Conduct conferences with students and parents/responsible adult.
• Individualize instruction to help each student achieve their grade specific curricular objectives and meet Colorado State Standards.
• Grades student work and maintains grade book.
• Communicates high expectations and shows an active interest in student’s achievement.
• Alert administrator to any concerns about student performance and progress.
• Recommends promotion and retention.
• Maintains regular contact with students and families
Virtual Classroom Environment
• Create and manage home office.
• Organize social and educational activities for students and families.
• Establish and maintain a positive rapport with assigned families.
• Support students with set-up and maintenance of their teaching environment.
• Support students through basic computer troubleshooting.
• Collaborates with peers.
• Build community by contributing to school message boards, newsletter and events.
• Travel to and participate in staff meetings, face to face student testing and professional development sessions when necessary.
Falcon School District 49 is home to more than 15,000 students
Nine (9) elementary schoosl, three (3) middle schools, three (3) high schools, one alternative middle/high school and one online virtual academy.
Falcon encompasses 133 square miles of rural and suburban areas
Rapid growth in the last five years has made this district one of the fasted growing in the state
Falcon offers early childhood programs, special education inclusion, and gifted and talented programs, vocational career academies and has a working relationship with Pikes Peak Community College
For your application to be deemed complete, you must complete the following:
Upload a copy of your valid CO teaching license or an explanation as to where you are at in the process of becoming licensed
Upload all test scores that you may have including the PLACE, PRAXIS II
Upload full and complete transcripts beginning with your Bachelors degree - salary placement is based on education and experience
PLEASE NOTE: Official transcripts will be required upon hire so please order transcripts now if you do not have official transcripts in your possession. Transcripts need not be in a sealed envelope however must be on official university/college paper. Color copies will not be sufficient.
Answer all questions on the application including all disclosure questions
Upload 3 letters of reference
IF you are current employee (para-educator, substitute, etc., do not check the box on Applitrack that says 'yes' when asked is you work for District 49. By checking the 'yes' box you will not be able to upload the required documentation or answer the disclosure questions which will deem your application incomplete.
For current licensed teaching staff - number 7 does not apply