Maintain and support the utilization of instructional technology in the district.
- Valid driver's license and BCI/FBI clearance.
- High school diploma and technician training required. CompTIA A+ IT Technician and ACMT certification to be obtained within the first 6 months of employment.
- Up-to-date knowledge of educational technologies and their applications. Well versed in Macintosh, Windows and Linux based hardware/software.
- Up-to-date knowledge of routine and client network configuration.
- Able to get along with staff, public, etc; be courteous, polite and considerate.
- Excellent organizational skills, personal initiative and the ability to plan for the future.
- Professional tact, diplomacy and presentation with administrators, staff, teachers, students, parents and the community.
- Conscientious and assumes responsibility for own work performance.
- Good health, high moral character and good attendance record.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and a sincere desire to aid all students and staff.
1. Perform preventative maintenance and repair of instructional computers, printers and other peripherals:
A. Differentiate hardware and software issues
B. Diagnose hardware problems
C. Repair internal components
D. Reformat and reload operating systems on hard drives
E. Install and connect printers
F. Install software
2. Serve as an information resource person, assist in solving problems and provide technical assistance in assigned buildings or as needed throughout the district.
3. Provide information to stakeholders to reduce/eliminate the need for repeated repairs or interventions.
4. Support the district’s compliance with copyright laws and other ethical and legal guidelines related to technology.
5. Plan for the effective use of older computer equipment.
6. Attain a working knowledge of all the district’s software.
7. Install and configure new computers.
8. Relocate and reconfigure computers and printers.
9. Order appropriate supplies to perform repairs.
10. Accomplish all assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner.