· College degree preferred; two years of college required.
· Ability to communicate with students, staff, and guardians.
· Use of proper grammar and vocabulary.
· Reputation for self-control and ability to keep discipline.
· Experience in educational setting with school-age children.
· Exemplary work habits verified by previous employers.
REPORTS TO: Academy Principal, under supervision of the classroom teacher.
JOB GOAL: To assist the Teacher in carrying out appropriate classroom activities and maintaining a disruption-free learning environment.
· Aids the teacher in preparing the classroom or laboratory for instruction.
· Helps the teacher prepare and distribute lesson materials.
· Instructs students under supervision of the teacher.
· Guides children in working and playing harmoniously with other children.
· Assists the teacher in maintaining individual student records when asked.
· Assists the teacher in keeping the classroom neat, clean, and orderly to provide work and study areas conducive to learning.
· Collects and displays suitable materials for bulletin boards and other educational displays.
· Assists teachers with supervision of students during play periods.
· Accepts other related duties assigned by the Principal.