The TESA Program provides special educational services focused on transition for students 18-21.
- Develop and implement individual educational plans in accordance with district practice.
- Create a positive learning environment with emphasis in functional, leisure, and community-based training activities.
- Work cooperatively with team members and parents.
- Implement positive behavior interventions and supports and various curriculum to support student progress.
- Comply with School Board policies and administrative practices, including those procedures outlined in the Special Education Staff and Parent Handbooks.
- MN Dept of Education licensure in DCD required.
- Skills a developing EIP's and communicating with parents and interdisciplinary team members.
- Evidence of skills in managing behavior.
- Lift up to 50 pounds weight, ability to support the full body weight of an adult-size individual, tolerate sudden jarring movement, frequent bending and lifting.
SALARY: As per teacher contract
CONTRACT LENGTH: 2012-2013 school year, continuing contract
ISD 917 is an equal opportunity employer