TITLE: Human Resource Secretary
QUALIFICATIONS: Demonstrated competence in administrative/clerical procedures.
Proficient computer skills (such as all Microsoft Office applications, electronic communication, Personnel Database Applications).
Demonstrated exceptional organizational skills
Such alternatives to the above qualifications that the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
JOB GOAL: To contribute to staff morale by the prompt, accurate, and pleasant handling
of all human resources matters.
- Maintains accurate personnel files (active and inactive), application material files, and other filing as directed.
- Maintains personnel databases such as Aesop, Applitrack, and BudgetSense, and ensures information entered is complete and accurate.
- Generates reports from all personnel databases and generates reports using software applications such as Word and Excel.
- E-mails job postings in a timely manner, completes and submits newspaper advertisings, and updates job posting website(s).
- Completes hire letters and employee contracts in a timely manner.
- Uses e-mail to communicate information to new hires for new hire orientation, using links to websites.
- Completes fingerprinting/background checks for new employees, substitutes, and volunteers, submits and tracks the results with the appropriate agency on a weekly basis.
- Tracks the return of completed forms and follows up on missing forms on a weekly basis.
- Completes nomination list for professional staff new hires and extra-curricular staff for school board meetings.
- Completes NH Employment Security New Hire report on a monthly basis.
- Generates first report of injury reports for Worker's Compensation claims.
- Generates annual employment letters to support staff.
- Maintains an accurate list of extra-curricular vacancies, posts extra-curricular vacancies through on-line application system, and generates extra-curricular contracts.
- Ensures all employee paperwork is accurate and complete, enters employees’ information and provides employees with information regarding the on-line substitute system.
- Assists employees with questions related to benefits, forms and other employee related issues.
- Completes verifications of employment.
- Assists with the Job Fair, conducts employee new hire orientations, and provides new hire ID badges.
- Maintains a list of completed support staff evaluations.
- Schedules appointments and interviews using on-line scheduling application as directed.
- Acts as a backup resource for payroll clerk.
- Operates computers, copiers, facsimile machines, scanners and other standard office equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12-month work year; Hours: 8:00 to 4:30; Salary range $16.50/hour to $18.00/hour.