Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
1. Has a thorough knowledge of all the athletic policy approved by the Davenport Board of Education
2. Promote the entire athletic program and adhere to the philosophies and policies of Davenport Central High School
3. Provides and organizes adequate supervision before, during and after practices/games for all students.
4. Will help select, train and supervise the varsity softball squad
5. Must work to form a positive professional relationship with players, coaches, parents and fans
6. Must possess an enthusiastic attitude and ability to understand high school age girls in an athletic setting
7. Must possess a thorough knowledge of the skills and fundamentals of softball
8. Must be willing to supervise and train athletes in the weight room using the BFS program year round
9. Must be willing to participate in camps, clinics, and winter softball open gyms.
10. Will participate in issuing equipment and inventorying all equipment at the end of the season
11. Must be willing to participate in promoting Central/Blue Devil feeder programs and recruit new players.
12. Must be willing to take an active role fund-raising for the Central Softball Program
13. Must be willing to participate in CHS Booster Club activities
14. Perform additional duties as requested by head coach and Central administration, be able to lift 50 lbs. & be on feet for extended periods of time
15. Monitors, coordinate, and enforce district academic standards and policies
16. Maintains/emphasizes discipline and demands disciplined behavior from ALL that are involved in the program.
17. Can attend all games and practices during the season.
18. Willingness to collect and maintain current statistics and updated records.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· Must possess a valid Iowa coaching authorization
· Successful high school softball coaching experience preferred
· Must be available for evenings and weekends as necessary
· Knowledge of the BFS program is preferred
· Preferably teach or work at Central
· Must logon to the Davenport Community Schools webpage and complete an online application (www.davenportschools.org)