April 10, 2012
POSITION AVAILABLE FOR THE 2012-13 SCHOOL YEAR
1.0 FTE teacher on special assignment as coordinator for ASD programs
Education Service Center
189 contract days plus 15 days extended time
· Provide recommendations and direction in areas of ASD in the evaluation process.
· Assist school-based teams in data-driven decisions regarding eligibility determination and program placement.
· Facilitate continuous program development and improvement for ASD services.
· Facilitate the process for Setting III/center-based referrals.
· Facilitate internal process for Setting IV ASD/CID referrals.
· Facilitate the curriculum process and implementation of functional and academic support curriculum for students in ASD/CID programs.
· Facilitate periodic ASD/CID center-based meetings.
· Coordinate district-wide E- 12 ASD consultation.
· Participate as member of District Special Education Leadership Team.
· Attend regional and state meetings and trainings.
· Participate in the development and implementation of District’s TSES.
· Collaborate with other district personnel to address the issue of cultural and socioeconomic impact on special education programming.
· Advise Special Education Leadership of staff development needs. Plan and provide staff development activities.
· Assist with the collection of data to identify program, staff, and facility needs.
· Assist with facilitation of special education department meetings.
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Special Education
REPORTS TO Director of Special Education
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Current MN DCD Special Education teaching licensure.
· ASD certification or extensive experience preferred.
· Minimum three years experience as a special education teacher.
· Leadership experience preferred.
· Knowledge of Special Education due process.
· Experience providing large and small group staff development.
Apply on-line at www.rdale.org and include your resume.
POSTING OPEN UNTIL FILLED
4148 Winnetka Avenue North
New Hope MN 55427