pay grade 3 - Mimimum rate $13.05 ph Midpoint rate $16.3.0 ph Maximum rate $19.50 ph
Assist with daily operation of transportation office and provide clerical services to director of transportation.
High school diploma or GED
Ability to obtain a valid Texas commercial driver’s license
(Class B) with S & P endorsements.
Must be 18 years of age
Ability to pass alcohol and drug test/physical
Ability to complete required bus driver safety training
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Ability to communicate effectively
Knowledge of student discipline procedure
Ability to operate bus
Proficient keyboarding and file maintenance skills
Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
Basic math skills
Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and
Two years secretarial experience, preferably in public education environment
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Records, Reports, and Correspondence
1. Prepare correspondence, memorandums, forms, requisitions, and reports for transportation office using personal computer.
2. Compile pertinent data to prepare various required state and local reports.
3. Maintain physical and computerized departmental files on transportation issues, including bus incident reports and trip forms.
4. Keep up-to-date files for all department employees.
5. Maintain appropriate student records as needed.
6. Answer incoming calls, take messages, and route them to appropriate staff.
7. Answer incoming calls and handle questions and requests that fall within level of responsibility.
8. Input student and staff information in computer.
9. Welcome all visitors and handle their requests or refer them to appropriate personnel.
10. Maintain effective rapport with general public and handle any problems or concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
11. Maintain a schedule of appointments and make arrangements for conferences and interviews.
12. Drive bus route when needed.
Personal computer, printer, copier, calculator and fax.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer.