Begins May 7, 2012.
Stipend amount is $3000.
1. Certification in First Aid, AED, CPR for the Professional Rescuer (PR), Oxygen Administration, and Pool Operator (CPO).
2. Lifeguard and Swim Instructor certification.
3. Lifeguard Instructor/Training certification preferred.
4. Ability to perform all rescue and teaching techniques.
5. Experience in aquatics programming, pool operations, and supervising Instructional staff.
6. Strong interpersonal and team worker skills.
7. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
JOB GOALS: To provide a comprehensive, enriching and safe summer instructional swim program.
1. Coordinate, monitor and evaluate the summer instructional swim program.
2. Perform day to day operations including checking on evening lessons, water quality, security and responding to staff/participants needs or concerns.
3. Coordinate lesson/session schedule, facility use, emergency action planning and supervision of swimming pool and locker rooms with appropriate staff.
4. Recruit, interview, hire, in-service, schedule and supervise summer swim pool staff.
5. Assist with ensuring compliance with all safety regulations, state standards and district policies and procedures. Report incidents, maintenance or safety concerns to community education aquatics coordinator.
6. Coordinate registration process and marketing procedures with appropriate staff.
7. Coordinate program changes and scheduling modifications to meet enrollment and budget projections.
8. Assist in preparing and monitoring the budget.
9. Prepare and submit reports as requested.