- Develop and implement individualized educational plans in accordance with district practice and state and federal requirements.
- Implement positive behavior interventions and supports and various curriculum to support student progress.
- Work cooperatively with education teams to provide appropriate programming for students.
- Comply with District 917 policies and procedures outlined in the staff and student handbooks.
- Minnesota Dept. of Education licensure in EBD required. Dual licensure preferred.
- Evidence of experience in implementing positive behavior interventions and supports and curriculum that meets student's needs appropriately.
- Skills in completing due process paperwork and communicating with parents and members of the educational team.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, support the full body weight of an adult-size individual, tolerate suddent jarring movement, frequent bending and lifting.
Salary: As per teacher contract
Contract Length: 2012-2013 school year , continuing contract
Intermediate School District 917 is an equal opportunity employer