Lead HVAC Technician
Closes: When Filled
Job Title: HVAC Technician
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor/Director of Buildings and Grounds
Terms of Employment:
Full Time/40 Hours per week
Salary: MIII, $21.54/Hour
Nature and Scope of Job:
Perform duties of repair, installation and maintenance of building structures providing a safe, comfortable, and attractive environment for the district faculties.
1. Coordinates, supervises and participates in new installations and/or repairs of electrical and mechanical equipment.
2. Ability to operate electrical testing equipment, torches/soldering irons, compression tools, and/or other equipment associated with the trade.
3. Ability to work off ladders and scaffolding and to erect both.
4. Ability to interpret plans and sketches in carrying out projects.
5. Respond to calls from Physical Plant, as quickly as possible, on emergency maintenance problems, and required to routinely be on call after hours.
6. Assist in procuring necessary supplies and materials for electrical/HVAC repairs.
7. Ability to trouble shoot and repair defective equipment and materials.
8. Knowledge of general maintenance, proper use of safety equipment and the keeping clean of work areas.
9. Desire to learn and strive for self-development.
10. Responsible for establishing and implementing a comprehensive preventative maintenance program.
11. Ability to act with general instructions and learn tasks of considerable variety and complexity.
12. Ability to maintain required driver's license.
1. Ability to communicate clearly with district employees and the public.
2. Available to work unscheduled hours.
3. Ability to work with other trades in the maintenance department.
4. Assist in training of maintenance staff.
5. Other duties as assigned.
EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
Knowledge, Skills and Mental Ability:
1. Three years successful experience in HVAC/electrical maintenance work.
2. Ability to establish interpersonal relationship with individuals at all levels.
Minimum Requirements (Education, License, Certification, Experience or Formal Training):
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Three years successful experience in HVAC (including Freon certificates) and/or State of Wyoming master electrician license.
3. Demonstrates a minimum aptitude for successfully performing tasks of the kinds listed under essential functions and other functions.
All equipment related to maintenance responsibilities, such as: automobile, ladders, scaffolding, hand tools, power tools, mechanic tools as required to perform the various job's as assigned.
1. Lower body strength to stand or walk throughout the day.
2. Upper body strength to lift 85 pounds and carry 100 feet.
3. Climb various ladders and scaffolding and erect.
1. Moderate exposure to weather extremes from minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit to positive 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Frequent exposure to various airborne particles, sawdust, insulation, abrasives, and common dust.