The RtI Learning Support Teacher helps students learn and refine fundamental reading skills and executive functions that will contribute to their intellectual, emotional, and social growth. The RtI Learning Support Teacher supports classroom teachers as they integrate reading into their curricula. This RtI Learning Support Teacher serves as an integral member to the building and district RtI committees.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Valid Illinois teaching certificate - preferably a Reading Specialist or Special Education certificate
- Demonstrated aptitude for the work to be performed
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication, human relations skills, data identificaton and analysis, and program design and implementation
- Experience with children with special needs and at-risk students
- Knowledge of and experience with PC computer systems
SALARY: Per Salary Schedule
Application requirements include receipt of the folling items by the Human Resources office: 1) the LPHS online application form, 2) three (3) recent letters of recommendation, and 3) a letter of interest.