- Develop and implement individual educational plans in accordance with District practice.
- Create a positive learning environment with emphasis in functional, leisure, and community-based training activities.
- Work cooperatively with team members and parents in developing instructional goals and strategies.
- Participate in interdisciplinary teaming and provide home consultation as needed.
- Comply with School Board policies and administrative practices, including those procedures outlined in the Special Education Staff and Parent Handbooks.
- MN Dept. of Education licensure in DCD required.
- Experience/coursework in ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) and transition programming.
- Must be willing to be trained in and implement PCM (Professional Crisis Management).
- Skills a developing EIP's and communicating with parents and interdisciplinary team members.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds weight, ability to support student's full body weight up to adult size, and able to tolerate sudden jarring movement, frequent bending and lifting.
SALARY: As per teacher contract
CONTRACT LENGTH: 2012-2013 school year, continuing contract
ISD 917 is an equal opportunity employer