Spring Lake Park Schools
Media/Technology Integration Coach
2.0 FTE available
DUTY DAYS: 185 days
START: As soon as possible
HOURS: 8 hours, 5 days/week
SUMMARY: The Media/Technology Integration Coach will facilitate school, team and teacher professional learning and continuous improvement processes aligned with the use of effective strategies for the integration of 21<SUP>st</SUP> Century Fluencies and use of appropriate tools in order to differentiate and enhance student learning.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use race, equity and socioeconomic status as a filter in all areas of work
- Ensure alignment of practice with the Continuous Systems Improvement Framework
- Facilitating school-based high quality professional development, working
with teachers (in teams or individually) to refine their knowledge and
skills in the area of 21st Century Fluencies and NETS
- Monitoring instructional effectiveness and progress of 21st Century Fluencies and technology integration strategies gained through professional development;
- Facilitate embedded professional learning through the use of effective practices and protocols
- Collaborate with teachers and administrators to develop curriculum materials and specific lesson plans integrated with the ISTE NETS standards.
- Model the integration of technology and the ISTE NETS standards in all curriculum areas.
- Oversight of media center
- Conduct walk-throughs and gather data for school and district balanced scorecard
- Support and collaborate with teachers and Professional Learning Community (PLC) Teams
- Promote partnerships that support the academic success, career readiness, and general well-being of all children.
- Serve as a member of Learning Teaching Advisory (LTA) and Learning and Equity Team (LET) as appropriate.
- Collaborate with principal and LET on continuous improvement planning.
PREFERENCES: We strongly prefer candidates who have exhibited excellence in collaboration with colleagues and an enthusiasm to work with students. Preferred candidates will also have a demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning as evidenced by graduate-level work or an earned degree, as well as participation in professional organization conferences or seminars related to the content area. Current Minnesota State Teaching Licensure in Elementary and/or Secondary Education required.
The Media/Technology Integration Coach will be selected by principal and district administration based on the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated commitment to the equitable education of all students
- Success in modeling effective use of current instructional technology
- Have experience as an innovative classroom teacher (or special area teacher) that
successfully integrates the use of instructional technology to enhance student
learning with demonstrable results.
- Evidence of effective planning and organizational skills
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- Evidence of effective facilitation skills and ability to work collaboratively with others
- Demonstrated application of data driven decision making, effective instructional strategies, evidence based best practice and working within a professional learning community
- Demonstrated application of the principles embedded in the Continuous Systems Improvement Framework
- Demonstrated the ability to reflect on one’s own work
- Practices align with District Core Values and Vision
- The successful candidate must have earned a B.A. or B.S. degree.
- Bilingual candidates, preferred
SALARY: Based on education and years of experience per Teacher salary schedule
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at http://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Appropriately licensed applicants will be considered for interviews.