Summer School Director
Teachers will be employed to teach high school English, Math, Social Studies and Science. Classes will be
offered for credit to students who have failed previously. The number of teaching positions available is dependent on the
number of students who register for classes.
- Follow approved curriculum course of study. Investigate individual differences of the students, and provide for those differences through a variety of instructional modes, including small group and individual work.
- Develop and utilize instructional materials, media, and techniques appropriate to the subject matter and ability level of students.
- Inform students and parents of teacher expectations, and subsequently enforce classroom policy fairly and consistently.
- Conduct conferences with parents as needed.
- Perform routine activities.
- Complete other professional responsibilities as necessary and assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelors or advanced degree.
- Valid Ohio teaching certificate, appropriate to the subject.
- Candidate with teaching experience preferred but will consider all applicants.
- Ability to work with young people and provide a positive influence on their educational experience.
- Ability to work cooperatively with local district staff, community, parents, and students.
- High personal and professional standards.
- Knowledge of the appropriate subject(s) or specialty areas.
- Knowledge of a variety of instructional designs, methods and materials that are developmentally appropriate and age appropriate for the students.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of adolescents, and the desire and ability to work effectively with them.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Effective active listening skills.
- Well developed organizational and problem solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer technology, or willingness to acquire and appropriately apply such knowledge.
- Various office machines, such as calculators, copiers, laminating machines.
- Various instructional equipment, such as video recorders and players, tape recorders, slide projectors.
- Potential exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissue.
- Some interaction with unruly children.
- Possible interaction with angry or distraught adults
- Must be available for education related purposes outside the instructional day when requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Regular requirement to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, see, read, reach with hands and arms.
- Occasional requirement to lift, carry, push and pull various items; for example, books and supplies, up to a maximum of 25 lbs.
NOTE: The above lists may not be ranked in order of importance.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Length of Employment: July 9 - July 27, 2012, AM & PM sessions
Salary for Summer School Teachers - $21.00 per hour
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to the online application. Please do not send materials through U.S. mail or by e-mail, all documents should be uploaded to your application.
If your qualifications meet our needs we will contact you for further information and a possible interview.
The Marysville Exempted Village School District is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and is in compliance with SECTION 504 OF THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973.
Posted Internally: April 10, 2012
Internal Application Deadline: April 18, 2012