Must be eligible for a State of Wisconsin Director of Special Education and Support Services license.
To support the Executive Director of Instruction and Support in delivering support to all schools in the area of instruction and student supports. This is a twelve (12) month position.
Masters Degree from a school accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges or an equivalent agency. Preferred in Special Education.
Administrative ability. At least five (5) years of supervisory experience in an educational setting. Experience working with diverse student populations including students with disabilities; possess skills in human relations; and excellent written and oral communication skills.
As assigned by Executive Director of Instruction and Support.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Knowledge of or willingness to learn about and provide leadership for implementation of RUSD’s "North Star" Vision.
2. Ability to provide professional development and support to principals and teachers to assure all aspects of IDEA and the district inclusive services continuum is fully implemented.
3. Skill as an LEA representative on all aspects of IEP meeting.
4. Ability to work with multiple stakeholders, diverse populations, and handle challenging situations in a calm and supportive manner.
5. Ability to facilitate planning, follow and implementation of large-scale district initiatives.
6. Skillful facilitator of large and small meetings.
7. Ability to keep confidentiality and work on a collaborative, highly accountable team.
8. Have an understanding of the RUSD instructional framework, inclusive practices, UbD, PBIS, RtI and culturally relevant pedagogy. v