Willowbrook High School
Dean of Students
Available: August 2012
ROLE: Directly responsible to the Director of Deans for planning, coordinating, and implementing all activities related to student attendance, discipline, and building security.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY: The dean assists in supervising and implementing district policies pertaining to student attendance, discipline, and building security. The dean is responsible for making recommendations concerning student attendance, discipline and building security.
A. STUDENT DISCIPLINE
Assists in determining and administering appropriate discipline to students to insure compliance with district, local and state laws.
1. Assists in evaluating, recommending and actively implementing procedures to ensure an appropriate school climate.
2. Assists in providing liaison between school and parents and other community agencies such as social service organizations and the police.
3. Assists in developing and maintaining two-way communication with those involved in the disciplinary matters, including administrators, teachers, parents and students.
4. Assists in directing special disciplinary programs such as suspension and detention.
5. Assists in maintaining records and making necessary reports.