Summary of Duties:
Reports to the Coordinator of Environmental Services and Safety and the middle school Principal and provides oversight and supervision to middle school custodial staff. Performs general cleaning and minor maintenance in all areas of the building and grounds to include scrubbing, mopping, vacuuming, dusting sweeping, buffing, snow removal, grass mowing, hedge trimming. Position also involves moving furniture, supplies, and equipment.
· Experience in custodial or related field; supervisory experience preferred.
· Ability to coordinate the work of others.
· Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, equipment, and chemicals.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively use machines/equipment for routine cleaning and
· Ability to understand written and oral instructions.
· Ability to communicate effectively with others, verbally and in writing.
· Ability to lift/move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
· Possess a valid driver’s license.
Range is $12.87 to $22.57 per hour
Full Time/ 12 month (260 Days) position, 8 hours per day (12 – 8:30 p.m. with ½ hour break), Monday through Friday.