6.5 hours per day/32.5 hours per week
11:30 am - 6:00 pm (Monday-Friday)
Beginning with the 2012-2013 school year
Stepping Stones Lead Instructor develops lesson plans, conducts classroom instruction, evaluates and assesses both instructional material and child development. The Lead Instructor will communicate with parents as needed regarding student progress.
* Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development preferred.
* Preschool teaching experience required.
* Have working knowledge of early childhood development and understanding of preschool age children and NAEYC goals, objectives, and philosophy.
* Plans Stepping Stones curriculum, activities, and environment to include a variety of educational methods and material in order to develop the emotional, social, physical and cognitive abilities of 4 and 5 year old children.
* Organizes the Stepping Stones classroom to meet the needs of children with concern for their interests, abilities, and pace of learning, as well as their cultural and socio-economic background.
* Works collaboratively with other Community Education staff.
* Develops, promotes and maintains positive relationships with parents, writes parent newsletters and conducts conferences as needed.
* Responsible for the overall supervision and management of Stepping Stones classroom.
* Responsible for other duties as assigned by Site Supervisor or Coordinator.
If you are interested in this position please apply within (5) five days of this posting.