Notice of Projected Vacancies (2) (228 days/year)
Technology Repair Specialist
Responsible for the installation and maintenance of technology systems, particularly end user devices. Provide technical support remotely as well as on site for local workstations and networks. Work locations will vary throughout the week throughout the region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing consultant service to support effective utilization and maintenance of technology.
- Assist supervisor and/or project leaders in the planning and implementation of technology projects.
- Provide user support through email, phone and remote workstation access.
- Provide application and technical support to end-users in a timely manner to answer questions and troubleshooting needs.
- Approach projects in a self-directed and motivated manner; task oriented in completion of duties.
- Work with other workgroups to implement and complete a project.
- Order and inventory needed materials for projects.
- Maintain project records.
- Provide technical support for Internet communication and servers.
- Set up computer workstation from the box to operational on the network with appropriate peripherals; test and verify all connections/components.
- Update Help Desk database on daily work as well as knowledge base.
- Update inventory databases as well as follow rotation schedules of hardware.
- Perform ongoing software maintenance on network and user machines: install, imaging, upgrades and patches, perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software incompatibility issues.
- Train personnel in general operation of supported hardware/software as well as create job aides.
- Communicate regularly and professionally with users through multiple means (written and verbal).
- Maintain regular consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Adhere to district health and safety procedures.
- Adhere to Board policies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Education and/or Experience:
Required - three (3) years successful experience in:
- Supporting and maintaining a Microsoft desktop operating system in a network environment;
- Supporting and maintaining peripherals.
- Experience working in a school district;
- Associates Degree;
- A+ Certification;
- Experience in designing technology infrastructure;
- Experience working with a troubleshooting Linux operating system.
Salary: Starting at $33,590.
Only those candidates that provide the requested information will be considered.
- Provide a resume and letter of interest including a review of relevant experience.
- With your letter of interest you must provide photographic evidence of meeting the minimal qualifications, i.e., copies of diplomas, educational transcripts, certifications and licensure.
- Current letters of reference (at least one letter of reference must be submitted).
- Materials received from applicants after the deadline will not be considered.
- Internal applicants are equally responsible for providing all requested information. Calhoun Intermediate School District will not retrieve or copy information from your personnel file. It is the applicant's sole responsibility and if necessary the person should make the needed arrangements in order to review their personnel file and obtain any copies to include with their letter of interest and resume.
Application Deadline: April 23, 2012, at 4:00 p.m. (Internal Candidates)
May 10, 2012, at 12:00 Noon (External Candidates)
The Calhoun Intermediate School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.