Assistant Principal for K-5 Elementary School
2012-2013 School Year
Keystone Elementary School in LaGrange, Ohio
The Assistant Principal will assist the principal in the administration of the school and will promote the educational growth of each student in the school. The Assistant Principal will serve in the place of the principal whenever the principal is unavailable or absent.
ASSIST THE PRINCIPAL WITH:
- Supervising the K-5 school and its instructional program.
- Maintaining an atmosphere of respect, interest, and enthusiasm within the school.
- Communicating openly and effectively with students, community, staff, and administration.
- Providing for the general welfare of the students during the school day, on school trips, and during school activities.
- Creating effective programs to strengthen and monitor pupil discipline, attendance, and individual progress.
- Implementing new information, innovative ideas, and techniques.
- Preparing and managing the school budget.
- Screening and selecting school personnel as authorized by the principal.
- Distributing information regarding school, district and Board of Education programs, policies and procedures to the school community.
- Coordinating leadership in the areas of assigned responsibility and perform additional administrative duties as assigned by the principal.
- Assuming, as delegated, responsibility for the teacher evaluation program.
Any State of Ohio administrative certification/licensure combination including all grades K-8.
Successful teaching experience and training preferred in:
- Grades K-2
- Gifted and Talented services
- Guided Reading
Familiarity with developments and trends in school administration, staff supervision and curriculum development.
Knowledge of current practices and techniques involving elementary education, school administration and data information systems.
Understanding of child psychology and the ability to effectively apply its teachings with elementary school students.
Superior communication skills (both written and oral) and the capacity to work well with other people.
High standards of ethics, honesty and integrity.
$60,000-$65,000 based on a 205 day contract