This position is for the 2012/2013 School Year
Position Title: Preschool Assistant
Reports To: Preschool Director/Teacher
7 hours/day, 5 days/week.
Starting Rate: $9.20/hour
Responsible for providing classroom assistance with students in the preschool program. Develops and promotes good community relations among various community and school clientele.
- Provides daily assistance to the teacher in the classroom by working with typical and special needs children in small and whole group settings.
- Performs toileting duties and life skill instruction.
- Prepares, adapts, arranges and maintains preschool materials.
- Interacts appropriately with parents and other staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
· High school graduate or equivalent
· Less than one (1) year job related experience
· Some knowledge of child development preferred
· Is flexible
· Has the ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers
· Has the ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions
· Has the ability to perform responsibilities without the necessity of close supervision
· Has the ability to effectively communicate with the school and school District community as well as the public at large
· Has the ability to meet attendance standards and work the hours necessary to perform the essential functions of the job
· Maintains a generally positive attitude
· Observes all District policies and procedures
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION:
- First aid and CPR certificate
ESSENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Mostly clean and comfortable
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequent lifting twenty (20) to thirty (30) pounds
- Occasional lifting to fifty (50) pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, walking, standing, kneeling, crawling, squatting and reaching